Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Keychain

Flat Design


What did you find most difficult about the 3D process?

The most difficult part of this process was cleaning up the edges of the piece. I didn't want to print the piece and have roughly drawn, edges. I tried cleaning it up in photoshop but that turned out to be too difficult, so I opened the piece in illustrator and traced it with paths to get smooth edges. This part took nearly a full day, but the results were worth it.

What did you find successful about your piece?

What I found the most successful is how smooth the edges turned out after I traced them in illustrator. I like that it maintained some of its hand-drawn imperfections, and style, but it looks smooth and clean.

Explain your piece?  What was you inspiration and how

The inspiration for this piece came from my friends at lunch. I mentioned that I wasn't sure what to make for this project, and we decided that it should be something to do with everybody's name. I decided to make a piece which incorporated the first letter of each person's name into a design. I went through a few combinations but settled on this one in the end because it used the straight sides of the letters to contain the whole piece in a square.

No comments:

Post a Comment